|Name||Dr. Alak Kumar Patra|
|Academic Qualification||Ph D, IIT Kharagpur, W.B., India.|
M. E (Structural Engineering), 2009-2011, IIEST, Shibpur, W.B., India.
B.E. (Civil Engineering), 1999, Jadavpur University, Kolkata, W.B., India.
|Areas of Interest||Structural Engineering|
Fracture Mechanics of Composites
Structural Health Monitoring (SHM using fiber optic sensors)
Finite Element Analysis
Mitigation of delamination using carbon nanotube (MWCNT).
|Work Experience||Total : 22 years|
Research: 5.5 years in IIT Kharagpur as Ph D Research Scholar.
Teaching : 1.7 years (2 semesters as HOD (I/c) in NIT Sikkim and 1 sem in HIT, W.B)
Industrial: 16 years (under Govt. of W.B. under different projects like South 24 Pgs W/S Scheme and New Town Kolkata Project). >
|Teachings||i) Advanced Structural Analysis |
ii) Structural Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering
iii) Finite Element Analysis
iv) Mechanics of Composite Materials
v) Bridge Engineering
vi) Design of R.C. Structures
vii) Design of Steel Structures
viii) Structural Analysis I, II and III
ix) Concrete Technology
x) Mechanics of Solids
|List of Publications||In SCI Journals :|
1. Patra, A. and Mitra, N., 2014. Interface fracture of sandwich composites: Influence of MWCNT sonicated epoxy resin. Composites Science and Technology, 101, pp.94- 101. (Impact Factor: 4.873).
2. Mondal, S., Patra, A.K., Chakraborty, S. and Mitra, N., 2015. Dynamic performance of sandwich composite plates with circular hole/cut-out: A mixed experimental-numerical study. Composite Structures, 131, pp.479-489 (Impact Factor: 3.858).
3. Patra, A.K. and Mitra, N., 2016. Mixed-mode fracture of sandwich composites: Performance improvement with multiwalled carbon nanotube sonicated resin. Journal of Sandwich Structures and Materials, p.1099636216656485 (Imapact Factor: 2.933 ).
4. Patra, A.K. and Mitra, N., 2016. Interfacial Delamination in glass-fiber/ polymer foam core sandwich composites using singlemode-multimode-singlemode optical fiber sensors: Identification based on experimental investigation. Journal of Sandwich Structures and Materials, Accepted on Sep 2017 doi: 10.1177/109963621773983 (Imapact Factor: 2.933)..
In Proceedings of International Conferences:
1. Mitra, N., Patra, A.K., Singh, S.P., Mondal, S., Datta, P.K. and Varshney, S.K.,Accepted on Sept. 2017. November. Influence of Multiwalled Carbon Nanotube on Mixed Mode Fracture of Sandwich Composite. In American Society of Composites- 30th Technical Conference. Kellogg center, Michigan state university, Michigan, USA. Paper Id: 1642, Oral Presentation.
2. Patra, A.K. and Mitra, N., 2016, June. Numerical Experimental study on Influence of Multiwalled Carbon Nanotube on Interface Fracture of Sandwich Composite. In 17 th European Conference on Composite Materials (ECCM 17), ICM, Munich, Germany. Paper id: aid_69a781448720248.
3. Patra, A. and Mitra, N., 2016, September. Influence of Multiwalled Carbon Nanotube on Interfacial Fatigue Performance of Glass Epoxy Polyvinyl Chloride Core Sandwich Composites. In Proceedings of the 31st American Society for Composites Technical Conference and ASTM D30 meeting. Williamsburg lodge, Virginia, USA. Paper Id: 1105
4.Patra, A. and Mitra, N., 2016, August. Numerical Experimental study on Influence of Multiwalled Carbon Nanotube on Mixed Mode Fracture Toughness of Sandwich Composites. In proceedings of 21st International Conference on Composite Materials (ICCM 21), 20-25 August, 2017 at the Xi'an Qujiang International Conference and Exhibition Center, in Xi'an, China. Paper Id: 1300.
|Membership of Professional Bodies||i) Member of American Siciety for Composites, USA. |
ii) Recent graduate member of The Optical Society of America.
|Achievements||Details of Masters Project: Title and Supervisor of Masters project: Dev. Of Computer package for Structural Analysis by Spline Finite Strip Method under Prof. Madhujit Mukhopadhyay, Erstwhile Bijoy-AShu Chair Prof. of IIEST Shibpur, Howrah.|
|Office Address||Dept. of Civil Engineering, |
Ravangla, South Sikkim,
India. PIN- 737139.
|Extras||i) Worked as SRF from 1.9.2014 to 21.7.2016 in ISRO sponsored research project under SRIC, IIT Kharagpur (Experimental part completed).|
ii) Worked as SRF from 24.9.2011 to 28.2.2014 in DST sponsored research project (completed).