|Name||Dr. Souvik Patra|
|Academic Qualification||1. Bachelor of Technology, (Civil Engineering) (Year : 2011)
Jalpaiguri Government. Engineering College
(West Bengal University of Technology)|
2. Master of Engineering, (Civil Engineering, Specialization : Geotechnical Engineering) (Year : 2013) Bengal Engineering and Science University, Shibpur.
3. Ph.D. in Engineering (Specialization : Geotechnical Engineering ) IIEST, Shibpur
Thesis Title : Development of Design Chart for Jute Geotextiles (JGT) Reinforced Rural Roads.
|Areas of Interest||Geotechnical Engineering|
Application of natural fibers
|Work Experience||July, 2013 to November, 2014, Budgebudge Institute of Technology (BBIT), Kolkata, West Bengal, India.|
January 2020 to present, NIT Sikkim.
Building Materials and Construction
|List of Publications||Selected Journal Papers:|
1. Patra, S., and Bera, A. K. (2017). Time dependent field CBR and its regression model. International Journal of Civil Engineering and Technology, 8(1), 82-88. (Published)
2. Patra, S., and Bera, A. K. (2017). California bearing ratio of fine grained soil and its correlation. International Journal of Earth Sciences and Engineering. 10(3), 666-672. (Published).
3. Patra, S., and Bera, A. K. (2020). Development of Design Chart for Jute Geotextiles Reinforced Low Volume Road Section by Finite Element Analysis, Transportation Infrastructure Geotechnology, Springer Nature Switzerland. (Published).
Selected Conference Papers:
1. Patra, S., and Bera, A. K. (2015). Behaviour of Sand-JGT-Sand composite reinforced rural road under repetitive loading using ABAQUS. In: Proc., Geotechnical Infrastructure and Foundation Technique, 50th Indian Geotechnical Conference, Pune, India. (Published)
2. Patra, S., and Bera, A. K. (2017). A three dimensional finite element model for simulating response of Sand-JGT-Sand reinforced rural road. 52nd Indian Geotechnical Conference, GeoNEst, 14-16 December 2017, IIT Guwahati, India. (Published).
3. Patra, S., and Bera, A. K. (2018). Determination of top granular layer thickness for JGT reinforced low volume rural road based on FE analysis. 53rd Indian Geotechnical Conference, 13-15 December 2018, IISc. Bengaluru, India. (Published).
4. Patra, S., and Bera, A. K. (2020). Influence of geojute on load settlement characteristics of low volume roads. Second ASCE India Conference on "Challenges of Resilient and Sustainable Infrastructure Development in Emerging Economies" (CRSIDE2020), March 2 - 4, 2020, Kolkata, India. (Published).
5. Mondal, S., Patra, S., and Bera, A. K. (2013). Effect of u/B ratio on bearing capacity of square footing on reinforced sand; a FEM based analysis. In: Proc., Geotechnical Advances and Novel Geomechanical Application (GANGA), 48th Indian Geotechnical Conference, December 22 - 24, 2013, IIT Roorkee, India. (Published)
6. Saha, A., Patra, S., Das, A., and Bera, A. K. (2018). Bearing capacity of footing on sand overlay by soft soil using ABAQUS: a numerical based study. In: Proc., Geotechnics for Infrastructure Development, IGS Kolkata Chapter, July 27th - 28th, Kolkata, West Bengal, India. (Published).
Selected Chapters in an Edited Book:
1. Patra S., Bera A.K., (2019). Field and numerical investigation on time-dependent behavior of jute geotextile (JGT) reinforced rural road. In: Adimoolam, B., Banerjee, S., (Eds) Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Geotechnical Engineering. Lecture Notes in Civil Engineering. Springer, Singapore, vol 15, pp. 207-216. (Published).
2. Patra S., Bera A.K. (2019). Effect of granular layer strength and thickness on jute geotextiles reinforced rural road. In: Sundaram, R., Shahu, J., Havanagi, V. (Eds), Geotechnics for Transportation Infrastructure. Lecture Notes in Civil Engineering, Springer, Singapore, vol 29, pp. 435-448. (Published).
3. Bera, A. K., Das, A., and Patra, S. (2019). Influence of granulated blast furnace slag contents on California bearing ratio value of clay GBFS mixture. In: T. Thyagaraj (ed.), Ground Improvement Techniques and Geosynthetics, Lecture Notes in Civil Engineering, Springer Nature, Singapore, pp. 277- 284. (Published).
Selected Paper in Workshop:
1. Patra S., Roy S.K., Bera A.K., Chakraborty S., and Ghosh A. (2016). Study on effectiveness of jute geotextiles reinforced rural road using ABAQUS. In: National Workshop on Jute Geotextiles, 30th May, 2016, Kolkata, India. pp. 17-18. (Published).
|Membership of Professional Bodies||Life Member of Indian Geotechnical Society|
IGS Member Code: LM4497
|Achievements||PG GATE Scholarship - MHRD, 2011 to 2013|
MHRD Fellowship for Pursuing Ph.D., achieved in 2015
|Office Address||Department of Civil Engineering|
NIT, Sikkim, Ravangla - 737139