|Name||Mr. Debashish Roy|
|Academic Qualification||B.Tech, ME, PhD (Pursuing from IIEST Shibpur)|
|Areas of Interest||Traffic Flow Theory|
Road Safety Audit
Highway Geometric Design
Airport Planning and Designing
Worked on the project "Safety consultancy services for four laning of NH 34 of Barasat- Bharampore section of West Bengal from km 31+000 to km 193+000", of National Highways Authority of India (NHAI, Government of India) at IIEST, Shibpur (Formerly BESU, Shibpur) for 2 years.
Worked as, a member of the research team in Supra Intuitional (SINP) Project "Development of INDO-Highway Capacity Manual", funded by CSIR-Central Road Research Institute (CSIR-CRRI), New Delhi and Planning commission, Government of India, at IIEST, Shibpur (Formerly BESU, Shibpur) for 5 years.
Structural Analysis I, II, III
Traffic Flow Modelling
|List of Publications||Journal:|
1. Roy, D., Chakraborty, S., Arun, A; "Evaluation of Traffic Congestion for Six Lane Divided Urban Arterials under Mixed Traffic Conditions using Speed-Density Model", Indian Roads Congress (IRC), under review.
1. Bera, R., Roy, D., Chakraborty, S., Roy, S. K; "Speed and Acceleration Behavior of Different Category of Vehicle on Multilane Highways", "Recent Advances in Traffic Engineering (RATE-2015)" SVNIT, Surat, Paper No. 123, Year- 2015.
2. Bera, R., Roy, D., Chakraborty, S., Arun, A., Roy, S. K; "Speed-Flow Estimation for Four Lane and Six Lane Divided National Highways in India" "Conference of Transportation Research Group (CTRG-2015)" Kolkata, Paper No. 666, Year-2015.
3. Chatterjee, S., Roy, D., Chakraborty, S., Arun, A. and Roy, S.K., "An Investigation of Lane Flow Distribution on Multilane Highways under Mixed Traffic Condition" Transportation Planning and Implementation Methodologies for Developing Countries (TPMDC, 2016) IIT Bombay, 19-21 December, 2016.
4. Roychowdhury, R., Roy, D., Chakraborty, S., and Roy, S.K. "Congestion Indicators: A measure of traffic congestion for six lane urban arterials of Kolkata" selected for presentation at "Transportation Planning and Implementation Methodologies for Developing Countries" (12th TPMDC) IIT BOMBAY, 19-21 December, 2016.
5. Chatterjee, S., Roy, D., Chakraborty, S., and Roy, S.K., "Lane Density as Measure of Effectiveness of Multi lane Interurban Highways under Heterogeneous Traffic Conditions" 4th International Conference on Advances in Civil, Structural and Environmental Engineering - ACSEE 2016. Rome, Italy, 15-16 December, 2016.
6. Chatterjee, S., Roy, D., Chakraborty, S., and Roy, S.K., "Level of Service Criteria on Indian Multilane Highways based on Platoon Characteristics" compendium of "96th Annual Meeting of Transportation Research Board (TRB, 2017)" Washington D.C., 08-12 January, 2017.
|Membership of Professional Bodies|
|Achievements||Secured 950 Rank in GATE 2011 (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering)|
|Office Address||Dept. of Civil Engineering,|
Ravangla, South Sikkim - 737139
1. Mix Design of M25 and M35 grade of Concrete for construction of Sikkim University Campus. Agency: NCC ltd.
2. Concrete material testing for construction of power distribution system by Power Grid at Sombaria, South Sikkim. Agency: Reliance Elektrik Co. Ltd.